Pages

Thursday, January 19, 2012

34. Character Talk

It's a sketch day here at Daisy and Gatz because I'm still trying to nail down the design of our new character. If you've been reading since the beginning, she made a brief appearance HERE. I haven't drawn her in awhile, and the way she appears in my head isn't translating completely to paper. I have four pages of Demelza's face decorating my table just as of this morning. The above sketch is the closest I've gotten.

If you've read the cast list, then you might not be surprised to learn our be-coated character of Tuesday is Demelza, Gatz's BFF. He called her to hold his hand through this operation, and like any friend, she's come. Demelza's always been a character I planned to have in the strip, and I had planned for her to first appear here. What I didn't expect was for Tiffanie, our mad scientist, to also show up—she was a spur of the moment creation.

Anyway, like any long-term vampiric relationship, Demelza and Gatz's friendship is complicated. I plan to have a grand old time with them once Demelza cooperates and allows herself to be drawn.

But bonus! I've been sketching our characters, and because we haven't seen Daisy in awhile, I thought I'd let her have a moment.

See you next week!

D.Z.

P.S. Hi to all the Figgies from Figment who stopped by to read Daisy and Gatz. You kids are great!



2 comments:

  1. hello! Just read all your comics! They're great!
    Hello from Figment!
    ~Silverpool

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the nice words! Hope to continue seeing you around these parts. ;-)

      Delete