Pages

Thursday, February 16, 2012

42. My Bloody Valentine



Oops! I scheduled the post wrong, which is why it is here Saturday morning instead of Thursday night.

Demelza would never admit it but this is how she and Rico spent their Valentine's Day. It's hard to tell but Rico's wearing bunny slippers, and his cat Puppy is snoozing on his lap.

Back when I read the Twilight books, I thought it was interesting that Stephanie Meyer compared Edward's love for Bella as akin to Heathcliff's love for Cathy in Wuthering Heights. Heathcliff's is a soul-consuming, messed up, obsessive kind of love, which definitely does seem like a vampiric thing to do. And that's why I thought this passage from Jane Eyre was appropriate.

I'm planning some one-shot posts before I start my next storyline, which is going to be . . . Daisy and Gatz's origin story!

Happy weekend

D.Z.

No comments:

Post a Comment